In addition to research currently underway, SIFAR hopes to embark on a number of additional research projects in future. These include:
- Research focused on understanding healthcare professionals’ experiences of engaging with older people in clinical settings at the primary care level.
- A sentinel survey of the reasons for older persons’ visits to primary care practitioners.
- The impact that a peer support program on older people’s health, wellbeing and quality of life and whether such an intervention can contribute to strengthening primary healthcare service delivery.
- A health survey comparing community-dwelling older people with those living in long term care facilities
- Designing a TeleHealth intervention to deliver effective geriatric healthcare services to remote communities.
- Evaluating the scalability of geriatric primary healthcare services to under-resourced communities in low and middle income countries.
- A study on the impact of HIV/AIDS on the wellbeing of older persons.